CLICK HERE to see our blog from our trip to China »

Friday, September 7, 2007

I've got trouble...


This is the one I have my eye on... the Canon Digital XTI

My camera croaked tonight. Now it's taking pictures that the bottom 2/3 of each is black, almost like my hand is over the lense. Tried numerous lenses, same deal. I haven't dropped it, or anything. I have had it quite awhile, and it's traveled the world. I guess it is tired.

Did I mention I have a wedding to take pics at the beginning of October? Not great timing, but I guess better timing than during the wedding!!!

Now I have to talk DH into a new camera. Not just ANY camera... another Canon Digital Rebel. I wouldn't mind an upgrade while I'm at it, this one is was only a 6.3 mp. See? That's how long I've had it, that was the latest model then. Look how many years I used it, and how many thousands of pictures I took. Chances are good DH won't understand why I must spend that kind of money on a camera. He would understand if it were a power tool, though... ;)

I LOVE taking pictures. LOVE IT. I've captured my family's life on film (or cd) and that's worth something, isn't it? Help me out girls... Tell my DH why I need a good camera?

16 comments:

Jeff and Valerie said...

Because your family is gorgeous. Plain and simple!

mommy24treasures said...

Because after he and your kids, its your true love, your passion, what makes you smile...Its your gift.
And last but not least, you need a new camera because you and I inspire one another. I need your ideas!:)

insanemommy said...

ok. he knows what a wonderful photographer you are right? use that to your advantage. now, what's this about a wedding? do you shoot pictures professionally? if so get ur butt down here and snap some of the monkeyes!!

is this better? *wink*

BrendaR said...

It's not possible for you to be without a camera! We wouldn't get to see all those candid shots of your lives! Not to mention...how do you shoot a wedding without a camera???????

Jewels of My Heart said...

I am sorry to hear about your faithful old friend.... but hubby is just going to have to bite the bullet and understand that Mama NEEDS this new camera!

Mommy Spice said...

I dropped my digital camera at the library one day and broke it. I was crushed, as I love taking pics too. When we shopped for another one, I asked them to show me a camera I can drop and not break. That's how I got my Olympus. I would love the camera you're getting. One day!! LOL!!

Elizabeth said...

tell him Ihave the 20D and you cannot be out done. True story!

Nancy said...

A camera is used to tell your children about their life story. You should be able to get something you truly love to get the best possible shots.
When my camera broke, I was out the next day replacing it with an upgrade.

Now...if only this one would break so I could upgrade....ummm!

crazylady said...

With your trigger finger, it was bound to happen.
You and Rony need some rehab.

Steffie B. said...

I've beent hinking about a new camrea too.....or maybe it I just know what the heck I am doing and that is why my pictures aren't that great?!?!?!?

kerri said...

Okay hubby, we love our photo fix, please !! Momma needs a new camera.
Click...

Nikki said...

Oh yeah, I think you are definitely gettin that new camera (upgrade)...just have him look again at the recent pics you've taken of him and Sophia! You are telling the story of your lives with those pictures...priceless, right?

I also LOVE taking pics and my hubby is actually talking about buying me a nice camera...woo hoo.

Lauren and Ed said...

That's the camera I have...it is awesome...it's the best.

moosh in indy. said...

Dear Husband,
Your wife needs a new camera Like now, she'll flash you for it. Deal?
Thanks-Casey

Holly said...

I just love taking pictures. Hope you get your camera in time for the wedding. Feel free to stop by my blog as well!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh husband..she needs the camera! I use my good camera (Nikon D80) more than any other household equipment (including the stove and washing machine;)

Pictures of your beautiful family are priceless.

Kim