CLICK HERE to see our blog from our trip to China »

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Surgery update & the telephone

Update: I didn't take pictures, and Ted is home resting. I won't bore you with the details, he's sore, and will be for awhile. No lifting more than 10-20 lbs for 4-6 weeks, & take 2 weeks off work.

Yesterday:
I'm taking a 5 minute shower. (I hear nothing over the noise of the water.)
The phone rings.
Sophia answers the phone.
(It's a digital, cordless phone, and I didn't know she knew what button to push!)
Remember, I'm in the shower.
"Hello?" Sophia says.
"Hello!" Daddy replies. (Daddy probably thinks I answered the phone and gave it to Sophia.)
"I picked up the phone and pushed the right button Daddy!" Sophia says proudly....

I guess I'm going to have to take the phone in the bathroom when I shower from now on. The next time it might be someone other than Daddy, or worse - a business call! I do think I might let her answer the next time a telemarketer calls...

11 comments:

Steffie B. said...

they are smarter than we realize. lol Glad the surgery went well! ;)

4D said...

Good to hear that all went well.

Keep smilin!

kerri said...

Cuts like a knife, too funny, LOL.
Hope Ted's recoup is speedy and without too much discomfort.
I love the phone story, our Jillian phoned someone a little while back(by chance)and then hung up. As soon as she hung up a very crabby(and obnoxious) gentleman phoned us back courtesy of call display, we now keep a tight grip on the phone, LOL.
Oh yes, telemarketers love talking to our 3 yr old, LOL.

Nicole said...

Gracie just starting doing that too! Sophie is a hoot! Happy healing to Ted. (I guess he won't be scooping you up and carrying you upstairs like Rhett Butler anytime soon...)

cougchick said...

Glad to hear he sailed through. keep the pain meds on board and make sure he goes to the bathroom frequently. Oh sorry, the nurse in me coming out.

Sam said...

OUCH!!! Hope Ted is feeling no-pain!

Kieren is too funny with the phone too! She will track me down and hand me the phone without answering it! She does NOT like talking on the phone!

Anonymous said...

Lol that sophia shes like a standup comedian

crazylady said...

Collect call for Sophia from China, do you accept the charges?

Hope the nether regions on Ted heal quickly. Does he have to go pantless while he heals?

Jewels of My Heart said...

I am glad he is ok. Hope DH is completely well soon.

Anonymous said...

Hope Ted is feeling better and on the road to recovery. Love, the Holmes'

insanemommy said...

they didn't remove anything by accident did they?